|This article is a stub. You can help the Revue Starlight Wiki by expanding it.|
Aruru Otsuki (大月 あるる, Ōtsuki Aruru) is a character in the Shōjo☆Kageki Revue Starlight franchise, original to Re LIVE. She is a first-year student from the Stage Expression Course at Frontier School of Arts.
Always smiling with a naturally cheerful disposition, this Stage Girl never lets anything get her down. She was an amateur with no acting experience, but thanks to her earnestness and ability to get people around her involved in things, she is growing rapidly. She is convinced she is blessed with good luck .
The spotlight is a goldrush, and with both hands, grab onto that BIG DREAM!
Stage Girl — Aruru Otsuki! Against the wind, to Frontier!
スポットライトがゴールドラッシュ 両手につかんで BIG DREAM！
舞台少女 大月あるる いどめ向かい風 すすめフロンティア！
supottoraito ga gōrudorasshu ryōte ni tsukande BIG DREAM!
butai shōjo Ōtsuki Aruru idome mukaikaze susume furontia!
Aruru has long blonde hair that is usually put up in a ponytail with bangs swept to the left and yellow-brown eyes.
Her Frontier School of Arts uniform consists of a white button-up shirt, a yellow tie, a black vest, a burgundy blazer, a burgundy pleated skirt with gold trimmings, thigh-high white socks, and gold shoes. Her accessories consist of star pins that she uses to decorate her hair.
Her Revue outfit consists of a black and white strapless top, a yellow jacket, thick brown gloves, a red scarf with a golden button with a star on it holding it together, two brown belts going opposite direction around her waist, a pale orange skirt with white frills, two brown gun holsters on her thighs, and brown calf-high boots. The boots have two straps with a golden buckle on them. The top edges of the boots have a gold lining. The boot splits in the middle down to the ankle. Those edges are also Lines in a gold trim. The bottom of the boots also have the golden trim as well.
Aruru is a cheerful and energetic person who never lets anything put her down. Her energetic behavior helps her be optimistic about anything, even the most difficult tasks.
Aruru had no experience as a performer until she attended the school. The closest thing she had to real experience prior to attending the Frontier School of Arts was performing in a play in elementary school with Misora Kano (Aruru's childhood friend).
Despite not having any experience, she appreciated the arts and was an avid spectator. She used to watch Misora's parents' theater troupe perform all the time, watch TV, and went to the theater.
The year before attending Frontier School of Arts, she watched S-Con with Misora. It drew her into the world of acting and inspired her to become a performer. According to Misora, Aruru was "so stiff and inflexible" and her voice "was all hoarse" before attending Frontier School of Arts. However, Aruru didn't let this get her down.
In later stories, Aruru is revealed to be born as an orphan without knowing her parents except her name written in a slip of paper when she was found. She was then raised in an orphanage where during that time, she met Misora and her family's theatre troupe, the Blue Sky Theatre Troupe whom visited the orphanage and performed for them. Aruru then fell in love with acting and wanted to perform on the stage as well which is why she joined the troupe after that. Her first ever performance after joining the troupe was "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" where she played as Toto and Misora played the lead role, Dorothy.
Misora is Aruru's childhood friend.
- Aruru's surname Otsuki means "big, great" (大) (o) and "moon" (月) (tsuki).
- Aruru often says the phrase "aru aru, aru yo" where aru (ある) means "there is" or "to have". This is likely a play on her first name, Aruru (あるる).
- (e.g., Misora: I have a role I must fulfill — a stage to stand on! / Aruru: That's right, Misora! You do have, you do!)
- Aruru's astrological sign is Gemini, which is represented by the twins Castor and Pollux. This might be a reference to the play she wrote with Misora Kano, "Captain Twins".
- Along with Misora, Aruru prefers the action parts of "Captain Twins" rather than memorizing lines.
- Whenever Aruru comes across a new word, she looks it up in the dictionary. She still has the same dictionary she had since primary school.
- Aruru's favorite gift is colored pencils.
- Aruru enjoys drawing and card games.
- Aruru believes her name is strange, but she likes it anyway.
- Aruru never heard of Pilates before she went to Frontier School of Arts.
- According to Tsukasa Ebisu, Aruru struggles with singing in Latin.
- Aruru likes star and moon accessories.
- Aruru's hobby is baking cookies, in which Misora always eats them.
- Aruru loves cooking.
- Although, her cooking ability has been considered hard to eat by her friends.
- According to Misora, there is always somewhere Aruru wants to stop along the way home.
- Aruru's weapons are dual Colt Single Action Army, also known as Peacemakers. It's a single-action revolver that was the standard military revolver from 1872-1892. It was popular with ranchers and outlaws in America, and is commonly associated with cowboys.
*For Stage Girl Live2D Models, please visit their respective card pages.
- "I got swept up into the world of acting even though I didn't really have an interest until then." (Frontier School of Arts/School Story Part 1)
- Main Story￼ Chapter 13
- Main Story 10: Self-Proclaimed Stage Girls Part 2-2
- Frontier School of Arts Aruru Otsuki/Bond Story