Futaba Isurugi (石動 双葉, Isurugi Futaba) is a character in the Shōjo☆Kageki Revue Starlight franchise. She is a second-year student from the Actor Training Department at Seisho Music Academy's 99th Graduating Class.
A highly unorthodox Stage Girl who came to Seisho Music Academy along with her childhood friend Kaoruko. Kind-hearted despite her rough words, she takes care of Kaoruko while always griping. Tiny but athletic, she shows deadly aptitude for staged swordfights.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
She has amethyst eyes and amaranth-colored hair, which she wears in a pixie cut with her bangs parted on the right side, exposing her forehead. She is the shortest girl in her class.
Her Seisho uniform consists of a gray blazer with dark-gray trimming and a gray knife-pleated skirt, a white button-up shirt, a red ribbon tie, and brown loafers, which she wears with black crew socks.
Her casual outfit consists of an oversized caramel-colored hoodie with bell sleeves with yellow bands, which she wears with tan-colored boots. Around the dorms, she wears a rich-green-colored sweatshirt with a Daruma doll patch and light-green trimming, a plain-black T-shirt, and dark-purple shorts.
Her revue outfit comprises a rich-purple jacket with golden piping, a standing-type collar, white turnbacks with golden piping, red cuff flaps with a golden trim, and a golden armband, aiguillettes, and epaulettes over a plain-white button-up shirt. Her belt is golden with a golden buckle identical to Kaoruko's. Her skirt is a very-pale-purple knife-pleated skirt with a purple band near the bottom, a purple ribbon at the back, and a light-pink tulle dress tail. Like all the other girls, she wears black boots with golden trim detailing and a tassel, as well as a red pelisse jacket with golden piping over her left shoulder, held to a red shoulder belt by a golden aiguillette and a golden button. Her weapon is a halberd with an amethyst-colored gem at its base.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Revues[edit | edit source]
Anime[edit | edit source]
Live[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- The name Futaba means "twins" (双) (futa) and "leaf" (葉) (ha/ba).
- Futaba's surname Isurugi means "stone" (石) (isu) and "movement" (動) (rugi).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Futaba's favorite gift is kinako sticks.
- Futaba and Kaoruko are the only characters for whom the gems in their weapons and "Starlight" goddess outfits do not match their image colors, but rather are a combination of both of their image colors, and match between them.
- Romantic nature of relationship of Kaoruko and Futaba are a widespread fanon among the fandom franchise, which is explained by the fact that these two have the highest intimacy and most openly portrayed affection among other pairs of girls.
- Despite the fact that in every duet there is a girl who plays the role of an otokoyaku , Futaba is the character who most closely matches this archetype. This makes her short stature more meaningful in context, since this role is traditionally performed by tall actresses.
- Her weapon's design is based on that of a German halberd. Halberds originated in Switzerland around the 14th century and were eventually refined by German armies. Halberds tended to be around 6 feet in length to be able to knock off cavalry horsemen, but Futaba's version of the halberd is much shorter.