Shōjo☆Kageki Revue Starlight (少女☆歌劇 レヴュースタァライト, Shōjo☆Kageki Revyū Sutāraito) is a Japanese-language theatrical animation produced by Kinema Citrus and Bushiroad. It was released in theaters across Japan on June 4, 2021.
"Starlight" - the story of a distant star, from long ago, and in the far future.
Two girls, who were struck by the glimmer of the stage in this play, exchanged their destinies.
"Two people's stars, waiting on stage."
To burn out ordinary fun and joy and fulfill our destinies.
A destiny to become a blast furnace at just five years old.
-- What a danger.
No girl has ever had her eyes burned by or fallen from the tower, nor has she ever been imprisoned.
Then... what is the end of that new chapter?
"Starlight" is a story of an unknown author.
No one knows where the glimmer comes from and where it goes.
Nor do they know who is "starring" in this story.
But, I want to see it.
Note: Bolded names indicate the winner of the Revue.
WARNING: This section may contain spoilers for the anime and the movie. It is not recommended to be read unless one has seen both.
- Revue of Annihilation (Nana Daiba vs. Maya Tendo, Junna Hoshimi, Mahiru Tsuyuzaki, Claudine Saijo, Futaba Isurugi and Kaoruko Hanayagi)
- Revue of Malice (Futaba Isurugi vs. Kaoruko Hanayagi)
- Revue of Competition (Hikari Kagura vs. Mahiru Tsuyuzaki)
- Revue of Hunting (Junna Hoshimi vs. Nana Daiba)
- Revue of Souls (Maya Tendo vs. Claudine Saijo)
- The Final Words (Karen Aijo vs. Hikari Kagura)
Tatsuya Katō and Yoshiaki Fujisawa, the original soundtrack composers for the anime series, returned with twelve new original soundtrack pieces for the film, six from each composer alone. Kanata Nakamura returned to write the insert songs which a variety of composers and arrangers, some returning, took charge of.
Note: All songs written by Kanata Nakamura.
- Watashitachi wa Mō Butai no Ue (私たちはもう舞台の上; We Are Already on the Stage) [theme song]
- Vocals: Starlight Kuku Gumi
- Composition: Yuki Honda (Arte Refact), Junichi Satō (fhána)
- Arrangement: Junichi Satō (fhána)
- wi(l)d-screen baroque
- Wagamama Highway (わがままハイウェイ; Selfish Highway)
- MEDAL SUZDAL PANIC◎〇●
- Pen:Chikara:Katana (ペン：力：刀; Pen: Might: Sword)
- Utsukushiki Hito Arui wa Sore wa (美しき人 或いは其れは; A Beautiful Person, Or Somebody Like That)
- Superstar Spectacle (スーパー スタァ スペクタクル; Super Star Spectacle)
The film will be released on Blu-ray in Japan on December 22, 2021. Similar to its prequel film, it will be released in a three-sided box set containing a variety of physical extras, chief among them three discs: one a Blu-ray disc for the main feature that can be viewed with lossless surround and stereo audio tracks, one a Blu-ray disc containing exclusive, never-before-seen extra content related to the film, and one a CD featuring a new song performed by Starlight Kuku Gumi.
The release was announced during the live part of the final performance of the third stage play on August 1, 2021, with pre-orders opening on August 6, 2021. Stores which the Blu-ray can be purchased from come with special physical bonus content such as posters and other exclusive content.
- The film was originally set for release on May 21, but was pushed back to June 4 due to the Japanese government declaring a state of emergency following an increase of cases related to the COVID-19 pandemic.