Kaoruko Hanayagi (花柳 香子 Hanayagi Kaoruko) is a character in the Shōjo☆Kageki Revue Starlight franchise. She is a second-year student from the Actor Training Department at Seisho Music Academy's 99th Graduating Class.
Granddaughter of the head of a traditional Japanese dance school, this Stage Girl has refined skills in traditional song and dance. Raised in privilege, she is all too reliant on Futaba Isurugi. While she is always smiling, she is more calculating than anyone else. Speaks in the elegant Kyoto dialect .
Yet I have found a straight path, one that rises to the night sky!
99th Class, Futaba Isurugi! I will dash forth with fighting spirit!
99th Class, Kaoruko Hanayagi! I'll have you follow me till the very end!
99期生 石動双葉 気合入れて突っ走ります
99期生 花柳香子 最後まで付きおうてもらうで
dakedo atashi mo mitsuke chimatta yozora ni sobieru ipponmichi
kyūjū kyū kisei Isurugi Futaba kiai irete tsuppashirimasu!
kyūjū kyū kisei Hanayagi Kaoruko saigomade tsuki ōte morau de
Kaoruko has shoulder-length cerulean-blue hair that she generally wears loose and curled in two even sections over her shoulders with bangs that are parted to the right side with a blunt cut. She has warm gray eyes.
Her Seisho uniform consists of a gray blazer with dark-gray trimming and a gray knife-pleated skirt, a white button-up shirt, a red ribbon tie, and brown loafers, which she wears with black knee-high socks.
Her casual outfit consists of a black T-shirt with short sleeves with a white band on them. Over it, she wears a dark-green sleeveless top, which matches her dark-green skirt with two red bands near the bottom. Additionally, she wears a top-knot red headband, and she finishes this ensemble with black combat boots. While in the dorms, she wears an eggplant-colored dress and a short pale-yellow jacket.
Kaoruko's practice outfit consists of a black leotard with grey leggings. She wear a white crop top over it.
Her revue outfit comprises of a red-violet jacket with golden piping, a standing-type collar with a golden tassel at the joint, pale-yellow turnbacks with golden piping and detailing, pale-yellow cuff flaps with a golden trim, and a golden armband, aiguillettes, and epaulettes over a plain-white button-up shirt with a ruffle collar. Her belt is golden with a golden buckle identical to Futaba's. Her skirt is a very-pale-pink knife-pleated skirt with a purple-pink band near the bottom, a purple-pink ribbon at the back, and a light-blue tulle dress tail. Like all the other girls, she wears black boots with golden trim detailing and a tassel, as well as a red pelisse jacket with golden piping over her left shoulder, held to a red shoulder belt by a golden aiguillette and a golden button. Her weapon is a naginata with an amethyst-colored gem between its collar and spacer.
Kaoruko and Futaba are both childhood friends and often Futaba has to play to make fun for Kaoruko. Kaoruko, nonetheless, is dependant on Futaba and she understands that without Futaba, she will never be able to achieve to what she got now. Thus, while Futaba and Kaoruko used to have tensions somehow, they also share a complicated, unique and strong relationship.
Tamao is Kaoruko's other childhood friends who share close relationship thanked for their grandparents. Kaoruko and Tamao both enjoy stage performances until they enroll different schools. While she and Tamao sometimes contact to each other, Kaoruko is the only one who can understand Tamao's weaknesses.
- Revue of Wisdom and Attachment
- The name Kaoruko means "fragrance, fragrant" (香) (kaoru) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Kaoruko's surname Hanayagi means "flower, blossom" (花) (hana) and "willow" (柳) (yagi).
- Kaoruko's name relates to "flowers" to accompany Futaba Isurugi's name relating to "leaves".
- Scriptwriter Tatsuto Higuchi gave Kaoruko a "protagonist-like" name by using many syllables with the "a" sound (ie. ka, ha, na, ya). All of the 99th Class have syllables with the "a" sound in their names, as it gives a stronger impression.
- With eight syllables, her name is the longest of the 99th Class other than Claudine Saijo.
- Kaoruko's favorite gift is konpeito.
- Kaoruko and Futaba Isurugi are the only characters for whom the gems in their weapons and Starlight goddess outfits do not match their image colors, but rather are a combination of both of their image colors and match between them.
- Because Kaoruko and Futaba have the highest intimacy and most openly portrayed affection among other pairs of girls, they are one of the most popular ships in the fandom.
- Kaoruko's weapon is a Naginata, a traditional Japanese spear that was used by female warriors during the feudal eras of Japan.
- The name of her weapon is "Daffodil", also known as the narcissus flower, which can symbolize narcissism and self-conceit.
*For Stage Girl Live2D Models, please visit their respective card pages.
- First revealed at BanG Dream! & Revue Starlight Store (2018)
- Thank you! Revue Starlight Movie Grand Launch Party Eve Live Broadcast