Karin Takahashi (髙橋 果鈴) was born on July 22, 2000 in Chiba, Japan. She portrays Sakura Yanagi and is affiliated with Avex agency.
Background[edit | edit source]
Karin was born in Chiba Prefecture and is the eldest of two children. She has a little sister named Mirei, who was the sub-leader of Prism Mates before their disbandment.
At the age of three, Karin trained in rhythmic gymnastics and at five year old, she began taking dance lessons at Avex Dance Master. In 2008, Karin joined Dance Style Kids under the stage name "CaN". She later joined Roni Girls Generation 2 in 2010 and continued until Generation 3 in 2012.
In 2011, Karin passed auditions to be a member of idol group Prizmmy, where she became a trainee through the anime Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream. She continued activities with Prizmmy until 2016, when they announced their disbandment. Afterwards, Karin moved onto the stage, where she got the role of Hotaru Tomoe in Sailor Moon -Un Nouveau Voyage-. She received lots of acclaim for this role and her ability to portray three different characters: Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Saturn, and Mistress 9. She reprised this role in Sailor Moon Musical -Amour Eternal- and even joined them when they attended Anime Matsuri in Houston, Texas.
As of April 2019, Karin is currently attending university.
Karin describes herself as a hard worker who is a bit quirky and prone to being a bit of a worrywart.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Karin has a cat named Suzunosuke.
- In addition to dancing and singing, Karin can play the piano.
- Karin had previously worked with BLUE GLITTER co-stars Kanon Nanaki in the Sailor Moon -Un Nouveau Voyage- musical, and Yuka Kobayashi and Hotaru Nomoto in Sailor Moon Musical -Amour Eternal-.
- Karin claims she looks more like her father, while her sister Mirei looks more like their mother.
- Karin's favorite colors are yellow and orange
- Karin's favorite animal is dogs, and she appreciates their loyalty to humans